Monday, April 16, 2007

idea for the thesis show installation

Since I have decided to not do a website for my thesis, I have to think about other ways to present my work. Here is an idea:

I am sticking with the concept of creating a lab. However, the lab has experienced a tremendous event so that it is now deserted. I will decorate a table to make it resemble a desk used in the lab that has been left unattended for a long time. It will be dusty and full of spider webs. On the desk, there will be a bunch of binders lying around. These binders will contain lab reports on the successful creations of part human and part animal creatures with detail informations and illustrations. There can also be photos of unsuccessful examples. There will also be a computer screen present. The computer will loop a clip of mock news reports on the creatures that gets interrupted by an unknown events and lost signal. There can also be spot of blood to show that something has happened here in the lab.

By doing an installation like this, I have created a story while incorporating my characters in a logical manner. It can also be very interesting to look at.

But there can also be problems. How can I convince people to approach my installation and not mistaken it as a random desk? How can I showcase my characters and make people pay attention to the characters?

Special thanks to Nancy Wei for helping me to come up with this idea~~^_^

No comments: