Tuesday, February 13, 2007

concept proposal 2.3

For my thesis, I would like to develope a database, in the form of a website, of genetically mutated human beings(hybrid humanoids). All creatures would be created from my imagination and modeled, textured, and animated in Maya. My challenge is not only to create a detailed profile for these creatures, but to also provide strong evidence, in the forms of composited images and videos, to prove the real existence of these creatures. The ultimate goal is to make people believe that these creatures do exist and to present a preview about the consequences of genetic mutation. The technical challenge is to create realistic characters and to make people think that all the 3D characters really do belong in the scene in terms of lighting and their interactions with real objects.
The target audience of this project would ideally be people of all ages. However, due to techical limitations I would like my target audience to be teenagers. They have wild imagintions and are also old enough the understand the concept of genetic mutation.

No comments: